Front-end Engineer - Toronto
Join our small-and-skilled engineering team as we extend Micharity into grand new markets. Our modular software and scalable cloud infrastructure allows us to be stable and flexible as we provide SaaS features to our free and paid clients. We deal in workflow, efficiency optimization, and bulk data manipulation. We are rapidly upgrading a jQuery/Backbone system to a component-based React.js/Redux system, both for building and rendering client-facing pages and emails.
get the details →
We are looking for a talented Frontend Developer, with a background in graphic design, to join our close-knit Creative team. At Micharity, we believe that experience is everything. We’re building a first class fundraising software driven to maximize the impact of nonprofits. In short, we strive to make fundraising extraordinary.
Here’s where you come in.
We are looking for someone who has amazing CSS and JS skills, who is 50% a developer and 50% a designer. Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator and can work with cross-departmental teams to address client needs and informing new ways of working with our product. Someone who can create simple clever solutions when faced with complex problems. A self-motivated individual with a can-do, get-er-done, problem-solving attitude. Someone who lives to come up with wild ideas and yet work within a framework.
Development & Design experience:
- 1-3 years of experience frontend development in a professional setting.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Web Design or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understands how to use Chrome Developer Tools
- Working experience with JQuery
- Very comfortable using the latest CSS3 properties (keyframes, transforms)
- Prototyping is an essential part of the ideal toolset
- Strong experience with responsive web design/development principles
- Demonstrates an understanding of cross-platform best practices
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Knowledge of visual design theory (i.e., composition, color theory, typography etc.)
- Constantly seeking out current design trends
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, and Indesign) as well as Sketch
- Ability to function both in detail and at the conceptual level - maintain constant foresight with regard to client needs
Excellent communication skills:
- Influential communicator with technical and non-technical individuals
- Share knowledge through documentation, code reviews, and training of non-technical designers
- The ability to work self-motivated as well as collaborate towards a common goal
- Being able to give and receive feedback is a must. Thriving in an environment of constant feedback.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
Tenacity and Passion:
- The ability to deliver against tight timelines, managing multiple and competing work priorities
- A commitment to crafting user-experiences that surprise and delight
- A proactive, self motivated, team player
- Can work autonomously and self-initiated
- Driven, passionate, versatile and open minded
- Gather and confirm project requirements at the project initiation stage, partnering with stakeholders as necessary
- Collaborate with the Director of Creative and the Design Team to execute the building of landing pages for our broad and varied client base
- Write beautiful, pragmatic code to augment the capacities of our amazing CMS for client needs
- Manage simultaneous projects and tasks effectively and deliver assignments on time
Own the process for all Frontend project deliverables, including:
- Project Schedule and Milestones
- Budget Estimation
- Implementation Plan
- Q/A & Optimization
- Risk Mitigation
- Communicate effectively and consistently with stakeholders on project development
- Innovate on best building standards and assure brand consistency across multiple projects and brands
- Coordinate across Creative, Product, and Dev teams to achieve high-quality results
- Execute design analysis on event sites built for brands to ensure function, scalability, and brand consistency
- Use your creative problem solving to develop detailed processes which assist in comprehensive design solutions that engage, delight, and inspire
- If you’re interested in joining our family, please send an intriguing cover letter and your resume to the below address. In your cover letter, make sure to specify which role you have your eye on. And keep it casual!
- If we both do it right, your time at Micharity will be the most important work do. It will be extremely hard, and it might change the course of your career in a formative way.
While we thank you for your interest, only select applicants will be contacted regarding the position
- Attention: Alex Garland
- Operations Manager